LUMPKIN COUNTY HS RAIDER MEET
|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
1. The competition will be held at Lumpkin County High School, 2001 Indian Drive,
Dahlonega, GA 30533. All team Captains must be present at 0800 for the team brief
located under the pavilion behind the end zone of the football field.
All events will start at or near the Football Stadium and NOT the rear of the high
school. Make sure you look at the diagram of the event.
2. Graders will be from Army National Guard Recruiting Battalion, Active Duty Service
Branches Recruiting, and UNG Cadets that have already completed basic training with
assistance from Curahee Battalion cadets.
3. Each team will consist of ten members and two alternates. All members must be
currently enrolled in the JROTC program. Schools may enter 1-team in each category;
all male, mixed team, or female (Riverside Military Academy is allowed to have two
competitive male teams since they do not have females to make a mixed or female
team). Mix teams must have at least four females competing. If there is room and time
allows, we may permit a “B” team to participate and be considered in the competition.
4. ACU uniform with boots and without Blouse will be worn for all events except for
Team 5K Challenge.
5. After the 5k challenge, team captains will meet and will participate in a random
drawing of starting locations for the competition. Once the starting location is drawn, the
team will travel to that event and start the competition. The teams must travel in
sequence until all events have been completed. The rotation of the events will be as
a. Obstacle Course
b. Mountain Top rescue
c. Beast Events
d. One Rope Bridge
e. HMMWV Pull
For example: If your team pulls HMMWV as your first event, the next event will be
Obstacle Course followed by Mountain Top rescue and so on.
6. Each team must have a release from liability form and a team roster. These forms
will be turned in by team captains at check in. Teams that do not provide the waivers
will not be able to compete.
7. National Guard Recruiters, Active duty Recruiters, and UNG Cadets, with the
assistance from Curahee Battalion cadets, and Instructors will grade events. All scoring
equipment will be provided. Coaches may have to score other events if necessary. SFC
Fugate will handle any disputes during the competition. MAJ Moran will be working in
the Operations and Tracking room.
SUBJECT: Letter of Instruction (LOI) Lumpkin County High School Mountain Raider Challenge
Competition, 11 September, 2021.
8. Competition will start at or near 0900 hours on 11 September, 2021.
9. Coaches/ team captains will receive a scoring packet at the awards ceremony.
10. A concessions stand will run the day of the meet offering, drinks, food and snacks.
11. In case of a points tie in a division, the team with the fastest “Beast Event” time will
be proclaimed the winner.